Monday, April 27, 2015

Portfolio Analysis

Travis Haughton's 2006 Student Portfolio
a. Travis Haughton
b. Photojournalism/stories
c. Awkward focus, needed captions, some pictures seemed posed & had awkward positions/subjects
d. Interesting pictures (had levels), nice moments
e. I liked the photographer, some pictures were nice but some were not visually appealing and were kind of awkward to look at because of the position the photographer was in to take the picture and because the subject was just awkward and not interesting.

Melissa Golden's 2006 Student Portfolio
a. Melissa Golden
b. Photojournalism/stories
c. Pictures are uneventful, busy, and subjects were out of focus
d. There was one very nice portrait, it was informative and allowed the viewer to know what was happening in one picture
e. I didn't really like this photographer because most of her pictures were kind of messy and busy and they were pretty close up/had bad focus. There were a few pictures that I liked though, because the colors were nice but most of her pictures were uneventful.

Anthony Souffle's 2006 Student Portfolio
a. Anthony Souffle
b. Photojournalism/stories
c. Some pictures were too familiar, boring and it was hard to tell what was going on in some
d. Nice pictures, interesting subjects
e. I liked this photographer because the pictures were really interesting to look at and it was pretty easy to tell what was going on in the pictures. Everything was in focus and allowed for more insight into what was going on as opposed to some of the other photographers who made it confusing.

Dustin Snipes' 2006 Student Portfolio (Winner)
a. Really good pictures, interesting subjects, good composition, creative pictures, show emotion
b. Good use of photography rules and a lot of emotion captured in the pictures, but some pictures were set up and some were a little too busy

Selecting the Winner
a. Judges looked at photographers' portfolios overall and compared them, process of elimination in order to pick the best portfolio.


Part 3: No Ball
a. The picture where the cheerleaders are playing pool was posed and uneventful.
b. I liked the picture of the girl boxing because I think it had levels. It was interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment