Thursday, April 2, 2015

Architecture Preview



Nautilus House, Mexico

1. Javier Senosiain was the architect that designed this house.
2. This building was built in 2006.
3. It's located in Mexico City.
4. It's a private residence.
5. This house probably cost a lot to make and to buy because of how unique it is.
6. This building was created because a young family from Mexico was tired of the traditional houses and wanted something different looking.
7. I picked this building because I thought the windows looked cool because it was made of different color glass and the layout of the house is really interesting as well.


Hundertwasserhaus (Forest Spiral, The Hundertwasser Building), Germany

1. F. Hundertwasser was the architect of this building.
2.The building was built in 1990-2000.
3. It's in Darmstadt, Germany.
4. You can visit it, it's an apartment building.
5. This building probably cost a lot to build due to its interesting colors and shape.
6. This architect was known for his colorful and unique designs.
7. I picked this building because I thought it was really cool because the building looked like ice cream and it would be cool to be able to live in there.


Atomium, Belgium

1. Andre Waterkeyn was the architect.
2. This building was completed in 1958.
3. It's in Brussels, Belgium
4. Yes, you can visit it.
5. This building cost about $93, 513 to build.
6. This building was built for the Expo 58.
7. I picked this building because I thought it looked really cool and I liked how it looked really different.


Kansas City Public Library, United States

1. I am unsure of who the architect of this building was.
2. The building was built in 1906.
3. It's located in Kansas City.
4. Yes, you can visit this building because it is a public library.
5. This building cost around $50 million to build.
6. This building was built as a bank at first.
7. I picked this building because I thought it looked really cool and different.


Eden Project, United Kingdom

1. Nicholas Grimshaw was the architect.
2. The building was built in 2000.
3. It's located in St. Blazey, Cornwall.
4. Yes, you can visit this building.
5. It cost around $54.4 million USD to build.
6. This building was built to preserve wildlife and to teach people to basically conserve.
7. I picked this building because I liked what it was built for and I liked the way it looked.


No comments:

Post a Comment