Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Africa

1. I found it really interesting how he would spend months in Africa just waiting to take pictures. It was also interesting how he would go almost a month without taking pictures. The fact that a lot of animals in Africa are going extinct/endangered really concerns me because I love animals and it upsets me that they are being hunted by humans when their population is already low.
2.

3. This is a picture taken by Nick Brandt and it has two rhinos facing each other in a body of water. It shows simplicity and rule of thirds, both of which are very visually appealing. It's my favorite because I just like how the subjects look with the background and with each other.
4. This picture shows simplicity because there's not a lot going on in the background and it shows rule of thirds because the rhinos are in the lower right hand corner.
5. Nick Brandt uses a Pentax 67II with only two fixed lenses. He doesn't want to use a telephoto lens because he wants to capture as much of the background and landscape as possible.
6. Brandt takes these pictures because the animals and Africa in general, are interesting to him. He also wants to let people know how we are affecting the animals.
7. Brandt hopes that people will become more aware and hopefully will donate money.
8. "Simply, I find myself indescribably moved every time I go to these places and see these animals in these settings." - Nick Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment